Trust Our Consulting Services and gain time for your real business.
Legislation & Labelling Check
Our services mainly concern food, but we also deal with baby food, feed, food supplements and cosmetics.
- Label check for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania
- Label translation from English and French for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania
- Legislation advice for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania
- Formulation of nutrition declaration for EU and USA based on our laboratory analyses results
Issuance of certificates of conformity for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania
Evaluation of analyses results
- Marketability of Fruits and Vegetables in the EU markets regarding residues (MRLs/ARfDs) and active substances approvals, plus active substances local approvals for Greece and Cyprus
- Opinions on Organic Fruits and Vegetables based on active substances approvals and/or BNN guides
- Marketability of food, baby food and feed for any analysis that can be evaluated on a legislative basis (contaminants, additives, microbiological criteria etc.) for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania
Our team updates constantly on legislation.
Sampling is extremely important in order to have reliable analysis results. This applies to the majority of the products. Therefore there are specific instructions for numerous of substrates such as soil sampling, plant tissues and water. VELTIA Labs for Life has trained personnel for sampling all kind of substrates.
Sampling focuses mainly in:
- Drinking Water sampling for microbiological examination according to the regulation.
- Sampling of wastes for various of parameters (chemical, microbiological, SARS-CoV-2)
- Food sampling for chemical and microbiological analysis
- Fruits & Vegetables sampling for pesticides residues analysis
- Surface sampling (mainly for the touristic sector – hotels, restaurants)
Sampling by VELTIA Labs for Life team can only take place upon request and scheduling.
Sampling is covered by the scope of our accreditation for the following substrates:
- Samples from surfaces using swabs and contact plates
- Potable water, borehole water, seawater
- Raw and Processed Agricultural Products
Sensory Testing started so as to cover the needs of the big retailers and some food industries. VELTIA Labs for Life, Sensory Testing Lab is located in the Headquarters of the company in Thessaloniki and is equipped with 12 separated chambers, one for each tester.
The aim of the laboratory is to measure, analyze and interpret reactions to those characteristics of foods and drinks which are perceived only by human senses such as sight, smell, taste, hearing and touch, in order to help our clients create competitive products. Another reason for sensory test is to evaluate the product’s life cycle.
The main organoleptic tests are:
- Product Preference Classification, where the tester classifies products according to taste, classifying the best as first, then the second best and the worst as the last.
- Quantitative Descriptive Analysis, where a determination of the intensity of the main sensory characteristics of the samples is made, by using an un-numbered scoring ladder
- Triangular testing where small differences between the samples are determined, for one or more characteristics.
We are always happy helping you improve your product. Just ask us…